*This post was originally featured on Everyday-Life.us
The cliff-notes version: Ipsy was started by Youtube star Michelle Phan. Michelle and her team of stylists curate monthly bags of their favorite beauty products for you to try. Each month, subscribers receive a gorgeous glam bag with deluxe-sized samples and full-sized beauty products. (This month, I received 5 products, not including the bag.) Members are invited to watch and play along through social media with the stylists for new looks. The best part: the Ipsy Glam Bag subscription is only $10 a month, which includes shipping.
This month’s Glam Bag – July 2015 – was themed for “Summer Lovin’,” perfect for fun in the sun.
On the card: “We’ll have whatever they’re having. Welcome back, summer, we’ve missed you.”
This month’s bag is bright and cheery, great to throw into your swim bag!
In this bag I received:
- ~Coolway Beachy Salt Spray: Perfect for creating beachy waves and natural styles with a non-sticky, matte finished look. Formulated with Dead Sea salts for additional mineral nourishment. Texturizes and separates hair for a natural, fresh-from-the-beach look. Weightless formula for bouncy, flexible, wavy hair. Mineral-rich formula consisting of Dead Sea Salt for soothing and strengthening of the scalp and hair.
My Thoughts: It has a very light smell, and I love the size it came in. 0.5 ounces is the perfect amount for travel! It’s very much weightless, and does what it says. I love the way it feels in my hair!
- ~Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Eyeliner and Shadow: This uniquely formulated crayon doubles as an eyeliner for thick, precise lines as well as a perfectly-blended eye shadow. Creamy texture with long-lasting hold. Made with pure beeswax. 100% cruelty free.
My Thoughts: Swatched below! It feels like BUTTAH. It doesn’t drag at all, which is ideal for an eyeliner. I don’t see myself using the color as an eyeshadow, but it’s a beautiful eyeliner for those with blue eyes!
- ~City Color HD Powder: City Color HD Powder sets your foundation for a smooth, matte finish. This finely-milled powder helps blur any imperfections and fills in fine lines to make sure you are always camera-ready. The translucent shade creates a shine-free and airbrushed look that works with all skin tones! 100% Silica Powder, Matte finish prevents shine, softens and evens out fine lines, imperfections, and pores.
My Thoughts: This stuff rocks! I love how it absorbs the shine, and makes my skin look flawless! It also makes a great matte highlighter if you layer it.
- ~Jersey Shore Cosmetics Mongongo Vanilla Coconut Cream Lip Conditioner: 100% natural and USDA certified organic. This conditioner will leave your lips silky-smooth, luscious and hydrated! Mongongo oil has hydrating, regenerating and restructuring properties and offers a unique protection from UV and environmental pollutants in skin applications. Mongongo oil is rich in calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper and anti-oxidants. 100% Cruelty Free Mongongo oil is derived from a fruit which some consider a tree nut.
My Thoughts: Love the feel, love the smell, hate the fact that it doesn’t have an SPF. Not sticky, slides on great! This will be a purse staple for sure.
- ~Crown Brush Professional Tweezers: The stainless steel Professional Tweezers come complete with tips that are perfectly aligned, hand-filed at a 45 degree angle with carefully calculated tension. ipsters who received this product will receive the color Black or Pink.
My Thoughts: They’re tweezers. They’re pink. They do the job. I’m not a professional makeup artist, but they’re nice. I have no complaints.
In all, I was pretty happy with this month’s bag. Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Check it out at ipsy.com.
Do you think the Glam Bag is worth $10? Did you see any products in my review that you’d like to try? Or do you have any questions about the subscription service? Comment below, and I’ll be sure to answer any of your questions!
*This post may contain affiliate links.