Let’s face it- flooring can be costly. So do yourself (and if you rent- your landlord) a favor and protect it! The more you do to avoid wear and tear, the longer it’s going to last!
- Use sturdy plastic rounds on the bottom of furniture on carpeting (You can even use the lid of butter tubs for this. Way to multi-purpose!) when moving furniture.
- Using the same rounds mentioned above, glue felt to the bottom of them for moving furniture on hardwood, linoleum, tile, laminate (or if you’re the queen) marble.
- Find plastic squares (at hardware stores or home centers) in dark and light tones to blend in and protect wood flooring.
- Use screw-in protectors for furniture you move most often. Smooth ones won’t harm hard surface flooring.
- Protect carpets from compression dents (aka carpet dimples) with rounds and squares. Look for clear ones (they tend to blend in the best).
- Place doormats in every entry way. Including the basement and garage. I do double duty with one just outside and inside my garage door indoor entry.
Do you have any tips? I’d love to hear them!