One thing I can’t stand is streaky windows. So, I’ve compiled a small list of tips and tricks on how to make your windows shine, and streak free…
- Do your window cleaning on an overcast day. The sunshine actually causes streaks and smears while you clean. By avoiding sunny days, you’re avoiding more work!
- Use vertical strokes on one side of the window, and horizontal on the other. That way, you can tell which side actually streaks.
- Remove dried-on paint and stickers with a safety blade or razor-type scraper. Always work in one direction (not back and forth) to avoid scratching your glass.
- Use newspapers, paper towels or lint-free dishcloths to wash your windows. All work great, and help keep smudges at bay.
- Have larger areas of glass that need cleaned? Head to your local dollar store and pick up a squeegee. Start at the top and work down- wiping the blade on a cloth to avoid streaking!
Do you have any tips or tricks on how to keep your windows looking their best?