Recently, Ragu gave me the opportunity to host another party for myself, family and friends. So I did what I did last time- I organized a small Facebook group to ask my friends what they wanted to do.
Their answer amazed me. It made me so proud to know these women.
They wanted to bless two struggling families with a very Ragu Christmas instead of having a party.
Since we weren’t having a formal party, and just an open house to drop off gifts for the families we opened the group up for 40+ women to share in our very Ragu Christmas!
This year I was so blessed to be a part of the Ragu Team, by being a Ragu Mom’s The Word on Dinner ambassador. It meant so much to me that I got an opportunity to help others by sharing the gift of Ragu as my last “party” of the year. So, my friends and I hit the stores- mainly the Ragu aisle:
I picked up as many jars as my cart could hold. It was such a great feeling knowing that these two families wouldn’t have to worry about dinner for a very long time. And it made it so much better knowing that it was a healthy and fresh dinner (I had the opportunity to interview Frank the Ragu tomato farmer, and he said that his tomatoes are processed within 8 hours of picking- that’s more fresh than the tomatoes in your produce section!) with 2 servings of veggies every half cup of sauce.
With Ragu in hand, my friends started to come by my home with more gifts for the families. We kept it a private group, because we wanted this to be a complete surprise. With the help of family members for one, and the help of my daughter’s principal for the other, it was easy to keep the secret (which was really cool, considering I had over 40 women involved!).
As you can see, we had so much for these families! The bags were so full of Ragu, we actually had to move some of the jars to the baskets when it came time to deliver (which I cannot believe I forgot to take pictures of the delivery!). We even had a manager’s wife at our local Cracker Barrel find out what we were doing, and their family donated 2 gift certificates, one for each family. It was truly amazing how Ragu brought all of us together for one great Ragu Christmas. It was so awesome being able to sign the Christmas cards “From those in your community who love you, all thanks to Ragu for really making it happen!”.
To give your family a great start in 2012, I’m giving away another $300 AmEx gift card!
All you have to do is one or all of the following- just be sure to leave separate comments for each task that you complete.
- Leave in the comments below, telling me how you would use Ragu to make your life (or someone else) better.
- Share on Facebook about this post. This can be on a personal page or Fan Page. I want to get the word out about this great giveaway, and would love for you to help. You may leave one comment/entry per day as long as you post once a day. Make sure you like my page (c’mon, it’s the cool thing to do, when I hit 1,000 likers, I’m giving away an awesome prize) include the link to this post and tag Domestic Debacle and Ragu’s Facebook Pages in your post as well.
- For an extra 2 entries, upload a photo of you holding a jar of your FAVORITE Ragu Sauce on my Facebook page! In the description, be sure to tag myself and Ragu.
- Tweet about this giveraway on Twitter. You can copy this post “Win a $300 AmEx GC to have your own @RaguSauce & @DomesticDebacle #momstheword holiday http://tinyurl.com/cuxy5ea ” You may Tweet this once a day, but you must link to your tweet in your comment. If you do not, your entry will be deleted.
- Post about this giveaway on your blog for 2 extra entries, linking back to this post. The post must include the first entry, on what you would do with the $300 AmEx gift card. No entries with just the link will be accepted.
- For an extra 5 entries, upload a video to Youtube Tagging Domestic Debacle and Ragu Sauce (including the link to this giveaway) telling Ragu and Myself about what you would do with your $300 AmEx gift card and which sauce is your favorite!
Good luck! I’ll be choosing the winner on Sunday, January 1st at 10:00am! The winner will have 24 hours to respond to my email.
*Just as a “heads up”, I will be having someone help moderate my comments as I’m having surgery, so it might take a little while for it to be approved. I promise that they will all be approved before the winner is chosen.