In Twitter I was complaining about trying to fight some funk in my life. Yep. There were smells that I just couldn’t get rid of.
Case in point: the fridge and freezer. Have you ever noticed that if you leave something in your fridge too long, and it either A) spoils or B) makes everything else in the fridge taste/smell like that particular item ::cough.onion.cough::? Also, have you ever experienced the “freezer burn” smell from your freezer? OMGoodness, I HATE THAT SMELL. It makes me want to yack.
and sent me a few of these gems to give a whirl:
Oh yeah. They’re small. They’re cute. They’re purple. THEY LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE POLKA DOTS ON THEM!!!
Best of all (besides the polka dots) THEY REALLY WORK. REALLY, REALLY WORK PEOPLE!!!!!
These things are so awesome.
1) THEY ARE MADE IN AMERICA!!! That’s right, real American jobs folks! I can’t tell you how much this means to me, as my J works for an American company as well. We should all be supporting American businesses with the economy the way it is. Okay, off my soap box now…
2) Bruce has assured me they use no fragrances that can irritate allergies, or asthma. This is awesome, considering M and J have NASTY allergies and I have asthma. It’s so much better than using sprays that can make us sneeze and wheeze for weeks.
3) They are made from magic activated charcoal, and are odor eliminators and absorbers. This means no harsh chemicals, and you’re not going to constantly have to spray anything (which means less time cleaning!). These little guys last for about 6 months.
So here’s where I put them to the test:
First I put one in my freezer to eliminate that nasty freezer burn smell. I kid you not, it disappeared! My stomach would no longer lurch when I opened my freezer up. You have no idea what a relief that was to me. I know I sound crazy, but I am super sensitive to that smell.
Then I hung one in the back of my fridge, replacing my box of baking soda. Fridge it! Actually got rid of smells that the box of baking soda could not! I know!
So then, I stuck one in M’s hockey gym bag. Smell- GONE!
Then I stuck two in a pair of FUNKY shoes. Again, Fridge it! Came through, and the smells were gone. And you know what? The smells have not come back. It eliminated the funk all together!
Then, J was giving our bathroom a massive clean over, and the chemical smell was just insane in there. So J asked me if we could “Fridge It!”. I wasn’t sure it could handle the heavy smells from the cleaners, but said, hey, let’s give it a whirl, and we set a Fridge It! on the counter. Sure enough, within moments, the chemical smells were gone! Huge test: PASS!
So I know you’re wondering- oooooh DD, how can I score some for free? Well, I’m happy to tell you that Innofresh has given me a set of SIX to give away to one lucky reader!
All you have to do is one of the following (or all, just make sure to leave it in separate comments, k?)
- Follow Innofresh’s CEO on Twitter (the amazing Mr. Bruce) @Innofresh
- Head to Innofresh’s site, and tell me which odor eliminator would you like the most. Leave the comment below with your pick!
- Tweet this: @DomesticDebacle and @Innofresh have teamed up to give you FridgeIT! for your funk! Check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/yh7lzt7
- Blog about this giveaway, and include the link in your comment. Make sure to mention how you would use Fridge It!
This giveaway will end on Thursday, December 10th at 11:00am.
(Dear FTC: I was given a 6 pack of Fridge It! to try, and another to giveaway to my readers. I loved it. They rock. No money exchanged hands, mmmmmkay?)